Becoming a Project Read English tutor is easy!
Project Read – Menlo Park offers tutor training for new volunteers three times a year and matches trained tutors with students on a waiting list based on their mutual interests, schedules, and teaching and learning preferences.
Tutors complete an orientation and online tutor training prior to being matched with a learner. Orientations are held at the Menlo Park Library, and online training can be done anywhere and anytime.
Throughout the year, we offer continued support and resources for our tutors and learners. Tutoring schedules typically consist three hours per week, and they are individualized with tutor/learner pairs meeting at a mutually acceptable time in the Menlo Park Library, Belle Haven Library, or other community-based sites.
Other ways to get involved:
- Become a board member of Literacy Partners.
- Become a Conversation Club Facilitator.
- Volunteer in the office or computer lab.
- Present our program to your human resources department, organization, and/or club.
- Support us by donating resources or making contributions.